Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Scotty


So much has been going on to report. Jocilyn's birthday is today and Kimball flew out to bootcamp this morning. I'll fill you in on all that soon, but first I needed to tell you about my brother Scott.

Three years ago he had a benign tumor removed from his toe and a few weeks ago he found that it had grown back. When they removed it this time they found that it was cancerous. I can't remember the name of the cancer but, it doesn't respond to chemo or anything and so the first plan was to remove his big toe. After they looked at it further they decided that at least the whole front of the foot had to go. But the way prosthetics work he would be much better off removing the whole lower leg.

So that's where he is this morning, in surgery having his lower leg amputated. Its amazing how fast so many big changes can happen. Scotty's life will never be the same again, but he is being so brave. He has a ton of support from his friends and family, but still.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love my brother, I admire him for his positive attitude and bravery through all this, and pray that he will recover quickly and if this must change him let it only be for the better.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are all in our prayers. We love you!

Ashlee said...

He is in our prayers too!

mandy said...

wow... that is crazy. I've never heard of that before. Good luck Scott. We are thinking of you.

The Conductor said...

Please update us on how he is doing. I hope things have gone well with the surgery and the recovery so far. What a fighter your brother is -- he sounds like an amazing person.