Monday, April 27, 2009

Passing the Time

Just to warn you, this is a crazy long post.

Kimball's been gone for about three weeks now (but whose counting) and I am surviving! The kids have actually been really great so far. Kaden misses Kimball and asks where he is almost everyday, and Jocilyn... well, she doesn't mention it much. Luckily I have enough help and no major disasters have happened so I don't get too stressed out having the kids by myself. I mostly miss Kimball when the kids are being really cute and I know he's missing out, and I definitely hate going to bed alone.

We have been having some fun despite all this though. Kaden started soccer last week and I think he will love it in a couple weeks. The first practice was rough; Kaden's very shy around little kids and has a hard time with organized activity. As a result, I spent most of the time running after him as he ran away from his team. The first game went much better though. Aunt Mo came, and she really helped Kaden feel comfortable and he even played a little. Of course when the ball came to him he bent over to pick it up and got trampled be the other kids, he then came running back to me crying. But I was so proud to just see him try and actually have fun with the other kids. Don't worry pictures will be coming soon.

Kaden also learned to ride his bike this week (with training wheels). It took him sooo long to understand the pedal motion. But after 4 months of mom pedaling for him with my hands he can finally do it by himself! He LOVES it! Yesterday he woke up and said "I'm happy today! I'm going to go ride my bike now". Another bonus is it keeps him busy for a long time so I can give Jo a little one on one time without feeling guilty.


I'm also surprised how much extra time I have, not that I wouldn't trade it all to have Kimball back early, but I get a lot done. Last week I learned how to make a marshmallow fondant cake so I figured why not! Amber, my sister-in-law was having a group birthday party for a few people so I made my first one. I'm sure her brother Spencer really loved the pink with flowers, but that's what I wanted to do.


My sister and I also went to a Women's expo where I got my toes painted with "glitter toes". It was a ton of fun and I almost never paint my toes, so it was a fun treat.

4 comments:

Traci M said...

I love your cake! That looks amazing. It's funny, I was reading about your sister-in-law Amber and thinking, "Huh, there's another Amber." And then I read about Spencer and it clicked. Oh, that's my family!

Daija said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! It's fun to see what you have been up to. Your kids are so cute!

The Conductor said...

If it's any consolation, Garrett did the same thing the first time he tried soccer! We found he prefers more individual-type sports like baseball (though he eventually figured out how to enjoy soccer too).

Your cake is beautiful! I'm so impressed!

And lastly, I LOVE the toes.

Shelley said...

Wait...what?!?!? You learned fondant? Where have I been? That is awesome....the cake is beautiful! and so are your toes...

I have the same frustrations with Soccer....I think they're just too little.......oooooooops:)