Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bye Kimball, See You Soon


The ball is finally rolling. I dropped Kimball off at his hotel on Monday and he flew out to South Carolina for bootcamp Wednesday. Here's a rundown of our last few days together:

Monday was a little busy. Running around getting the right paper work and stuff, but we went to McDonald's for lunch and let Kaden play, and then dropped him off at the hotel. I should have known I'd need a better goodbye than that. The next day I woke up so sad and felt awful all day. Luckily, Kimball finished whatever they needed him to do early and had the evening to play before his plane left in the morning. The kids and I got to have dinner at the hotel, played in the hot tub, and watched movies and cuddled with Kimball in his room (I don't think we were supposed to go to his room, but oh well.) That was a much better goodbye. Things have been absolutely crazy busy since then, so maybe the sadness hasn't set in yet. But I am feeling way better than before.

We talked today for about a minute. I think he snuck in the call with his cellphone or something because all he said was that he loved me, its been a lot harder than he expected, but its still kind of fun, and he hopes to call me tomorrow. After that he hung up without a goodbye, so i'm thinking he had to go do push-ups or something.


I'm about halfway through the first week and doing good. That's got to be hopeful for the next 9 and a half weeks, right?

4 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

You will make it......I am glad that you have your family around. Where exactly is Kimball in South Carolina. Let us know so that maybe we can go down when he graduates from boot camp.

Kimball and Ashley said...

Ashley,
I introduced myself to you several months ago. Ashley from kimballandashley.blogspot.com. I haven't visited your blog in a long time and just got caught up. It is kind of ironic that we are both living in Utah, unemployed, homeless and in poverty. I'm sure I'll laugh about it later. You joked about being pregnant, but our 3rd little one (Caden) will be joining us in two short months. Surprise to us. Anyway, after reading that your husband just left and your brother is braving cancer, it made me want to be stronger in this situation I find myself in. For a while you and I were dealing with similar challenges, but now you have stepped up and are dealing with things I can't fathom. I just want you to know you are a good example to me and know that a fellow mother-of-two down in Provo is praying for you and your family.
-Ashley

The Conductor said...

Wow, Ashley -- how are you surviving so far? You are amazing and even when you don't feel like you are, I know you will surprise yourself with the strength you find to pull through the rough times. We are praying for you guys!

Valerie Christensen said...

Uggg. I don't know how you do it! Jared has been gone a lot getting ready for finals and some days I feel like I am about to have a nervous breakdown. Hang in there girl!