Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Best Thing About Summer


Food.

Okay, maybe its not the best thing about summer, but definitely in the top 5, right? Some of you might know that Kaden has always been a picky eater. Now that were eating all these yummy summer foods, however, he's a lot happier at meal time. I was totally shocked the other night when he asked for a second piece of fried chicken. It might be fatty, but its also protein and lets face it, Kaden could use a little extra bulk.

I think trying all these new foods has opened him up to some old rejects as well. I got him to eat four carrots in two days! That's more veggies he's had since he's been feeding himself. Just one more reason to love summer time.

3 comments:

Lydia Story said...

Hurray for Kaden!! I am so glad he is starting to eat better for you. Joe is sure cute as always!!
We will be home at our house now hopefully for a while. We don't want to go anywhere. : ) So I hope to come by soon and pick up the video camera. Thank you so much for figuring it out for me!

The Conductor said...

I can't help but say this every single time you post pictures of your kids, Ashley: THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE!!! It's finally feeling like summertime here -- bought my first watermelon today. Hooray! Let's hope I have some of the same luck with my finicky eaters that you've been having...!

Unknown said...

That is great Kaden!!! Have you heard of the book "Deceptively Delicious"? It is written by Jerry Seinfelds wife. Anyway, it is recipes on how to "hide" vegetables in food that kids normally like to eat so they get their nutrients. We learned about it at Enrichment so I bought one on half.com for $6. The receipes look pretty good!!! Love ya!