Sunday, August 19, 2012

Maryland Blue Crab

One particularly yummy perk to living in Maryland is the Blue Crab!  In the few days notice we had before moving out here we had a couple different people tell us to be sure and have some Blue Crab.  I am so glad they did!


We hunted some down (really, once they were in season it wasn't hard to find), watched a few Youtube videos to learn how to eat them, and dug in!  Will and Kjirsten came up for the event and I am so glad they did.  Everything is more fun with those two around!


The first crab was a little scary looking, but after you have a few bites of the yummy meat its pretty easy to tear their little legs off for more.  Blue Crab is a lot of work, but I'd say its completely worth it...every now and then.  By the end of the night we had a few left over crab, but our fingers were just too scratched up to justify eating any more!  Hopefully the better we get at tearing the little suckers open the easier it will be on our fingers.  I'll have to let you know on that, now that we're all healed up I'm pretty sure we'll go and get some more this weekend!

Can't wait!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

hmmm... I don't if I would be brave enough to pull those guys apart while they are still looking at me!! But, I am sure they are GOOD! So fun!