Monday, February 6, 2012

On to Arizona...Psych!

After living in Arizona last year Kimball and I fell in love with Sierra Vista.  So Kimball made arrangements to work as a lawyer there at the base after he passed the bar.  Our plan was to move down after Savannah was born and Kimball would be a banker with Chase again while we were waiting for the bar results.

Just before we were ready to move to Arizona Kimball was offered a position with the Guard for a few weeks.  We decided this was a better option than the banker job and opted to stay in Utah for a little while longer.  My family was more than happy to have a little extra time with Savannah and the kiddos before we left.

During that time Kimball applied to a couple of other positions with the Guard in case the bar surprised us and he didn't pass.  Well, its a good thing he did because he ended up not passing again.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kimball takes another go sometime in the future, but right now we need a paycheck to replenish our savings.  I'm very grateful to say Kimball was accepted into a training course with the Guard.  Of all the things he tried to line up with the guard he was most excited about this one.  It began in October and just ended a week or two ago.  It was a very demanding course: 6 days a week and averaging about 12 hours a day.  But he loved almost every minute.  He couldn't tell me everything, but from what he could say it sounded pretty cool.

We've been loving being back in Utah again.  We found a great apartment that is my favorite place of anywhere we've lived.  I got to spend both Thanksgiving AND Christmas with my family.  And Kaden was able to go to Draper elementary to start kindergarten with a bunch of friends he has here.  We should have a better idea what's happening next by the end of this week, but I'm finally learning to expect things to not go as planned.  I don't think that's a bad thing though.  Our family has been having a great adventure that we never expected.  Some days I wish we knew where we were meant to end up so that I could get a home that really belongs to me and Kimball, but I'm trying to be patient for that.  I know Heavenly Father is guiding us through all of this.  There have been so many times everything we've been planning has folded in on itself, but I believe its because we've had the wrong plans.  My husband believes in the work he is doing and I am very proud of him for it.  When we first married never in a million years could I have told you this was what our future held, but I am grateful to have it.

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

DOH! You totally got my hopes up with that title. :(

Sounds like things are going well, and I hope it continues. But you know we will never stop begging, pleading, bribing, coercing, arm-twisting, and all-out demanding that you make it to AZ sooner or later.

I can sympathize with you in just wishing you knew where you'd end up -- wanting to know what's at least around the corner if you can't know what's at the end of the road. I still dream of buying a house someday! (And I am a little excited to think it might actually be close now...) But you've sure learned a lot, and wow -- look at your faith! You guys will be fine wherever you end up. As long as it's in Sierra Vista. :)