Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Halloween 2011 was a really fun one for our family.  Kaden had his heart set on being a mummy for some reason so I decided we should all dress up as classic spooky Halloween monsters.  Kaden was of course a mummy.  His costume was pretty easy.  I just tore up an old sheet and hot glued strips onto some old clothes.   He loved it!  Especially when I brought out the spooky makeup.


Jocilyn was a princess-witch.  That was the best compromise I could get out of her.  She really wanted to be a princess, but of course that didn't go with my spooky monster idea so Aunt Mo convinced her that being a princess-witch would be even better because she could have a magic wand.  It worked out in the end.  All she really wanted was to wear pretty sparkly makeup.  And she wore a witch hat for our pictures so I was happy too.


Kimball and I were going to be Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein, but I wasn't sure if Kimball would be back from his course in time to go out so I never put his costume together.  Luckily about an hour before trick-or-treating began Kimball walked through the door and I immediately plastered him with makeup, so he could go as a spooky something or other.  I was lucky enough to find an old formal at a clothing swap so I had my Bride of Frankenstein ready to go minus one Frankenstein of course.

Savannah stayed inside with grandma and grandpa not being spooky at all, but was still very cute.


Next year I'll try to get Kimball's getup pulled together so that we can really be The Frankensteins.  I don't think it turned out bad for a first attempt though.

The kids had a great time.  We borrowed my dad's four wheeler and drove through the neighborhood all night collecting candy.  Overall, a very fun Halloween night!

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

Do you have a water bottle in your hair? What a great 'do! Loved your family picture (Christmas card!)