Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse

At about 6 o'clock last night I got a phone call that made my day.  My sister had just been offered tickets to a private Eclipse party.  A neighbor of ours has a big premier party for all the Twilight movies.  I've heard how fun they are, but this was the first one I'd had an invite to so I was pretty giddy.  She goes all out: rented the whole theater, all you can eat ice cream and soda, t-shirts, tattoo's, body glitter, the whole shebang plus some!


My mom, Monica and I had such a great time.  They had a glitter station where we sparkled  up like a vampire (note to self: when dealing with body glitter a little less is probably more.)  And spray on tattoo's so we could be rebels like a werewolf.  I might have enjoyed my fake tattoo a bit too much, but for some reason I was really excited to get one and a little sad when it washed off in the shower.


And let's not forget the main event!  Our screening started at 12:15.  We got to go in a side entrance to get to our theater (I felt like a movie star!).  It was crazy looking in at the lobby of the theater.  It was midnight during the middle of the week and the whole place was PACKED.  Everyone waiting to see Twilight.  A crazy sight to see!  As for the movie, I'd say its the best one yet.  They managed to cut out most of the cheesy tendencies the first two movies had, which was a relief.  It was great!

Not that I didn't pay for my amazing girls night.  Stumbling into bed at 3am has its consequences, especially when your son wakes up at 5 and then 7:30.  Its been a long morning, but absolutely worth it!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

SO fun!! Ashley you look so pretty in these pictures!