Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Project

One of the few benefits of not having Kimball around is I have been getting a lot more creative with what to do with my time.

Today I finished a dry erase calendar board. I saw this on a blog a while ago and loved it. It was really easy. I bought a frame at a yard sale for 5 bucks, then painted it and covered the back with fabric. The lines and days of the week I drew on the inside of the glass and used a paint pen, but the blog I saw it on used a permanent marker so I bet that would work too.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It is really big 28x22 inches, but I love the space it gives me. And in case you're wondering, I'm not really that big of an orange fan; that's just my attempt at being festive for the fall season.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

very cute! i love finding projects like that to do - productive, functional, and cute!

hey, before it gets too cool we should have a park day (at least one). :)

Rachael said...

That is so cute! I love it! Way to be creative!

The Conductor said...

This is very cool. I'm seriously thinking about stealing this idea. (Which was, apparently, already stolen, so that makes it okay to steal again, right? Love it!)

Still trying to figure out a couple things, though... So, the fabric you put on the back -- is that the white color we see as the background? If not, what is the fabric for? And you said you drew on the inside of the glass... It seems like that would mean you wrote backwards so when you turned it to the outside, you could read it. I'm really confused, I know. Help!