Friday, September 11, 2009

Project-Take 2

Some people were asking questions about my calendar so I thought I'd clarify a couple of things. The fabric is the white part you can see through the glass. Its hard to tell in the picture, but it has white polka-dots on it. I wanted something neutral with a little pattern, but not enough to distract from the writing. I just used a hot glue gun around the edges on the other side to get it to stick.

As for the days of the week since all the permanent parts are on the inside of the glass I did have to write them backwards, but it wasn't as hard as you think. First I wrote down all the words on some paper (actually I traced it off the computer screen, that's the Bradley font). Made it dark enough so that I could turn the paper over and still see the letters. Then I just put the paper under the glass and traced it. Just make sure you give them plenty of time to dry and then get the glass as clean as possible before putting it in the frame.

This explains why I don't have one of those crafty blogs. I'm not very good at giving directions. Hope you can make sense of this. Good luck!

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

This helps a lot, Ashley -- thanks! (Sorry I am so bad at checking your blog!) I still LOVE this idea and am still going to make it for myself! Maybe for Christmas, huh? Better yet, which Jones has our name for Christmas??... (Speaking of that, please feel free to drop all the hints you can on what your family wants this December, okay?!!) Thanks Ashley!!