Monday, June 30, 2008

Patterson Family Campout

Last weekend was the Patterson campout. It was fun to hang out with all my cousins and we left with some interesting stories, although I can't say much for the dirt and the actual camping. We still had a great time though.

Here's a funny story. Just before dinner Kimball Kaden and I took off on a fourwheel ride. Our plan was to catch up to another group. We drove for about 10 miles and still hadn't found them. We figured we had lost them at a fork in the road a ways back. So we decided to call it quits and head back to camp, but just at that moment the fourwheeler died. I immediately took Kaden and started heading back up the very steep trail we were on while Kimball tried to get the fourwheeler started. A few minutes later he had no luck so we all started walking together. I knew if we could get to the fork in the road before the group came back from their ride we'd be just fine, but if not I really didn't want to walk 10 miles back to camp especially with Kaden. Luckily we had half a bottle of water, which we left to Kaden and after about 4 or 5 miles we crossed paths with our group. I was so relieved not to be out there in the dark. Next time we'll take a walkie-talkie.
Being stranded in the wilderness wasn't the most fun I've ever had, but don't worry. I took Pictures!

No comments: