Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jocilyn's 3rd Birthday


My little girl turned three last week!  I really can't believe it, but that doesn't seem to matter.  She's still a sassy, flirty, pint-sized three-year-old princess.


We've been in Utah visiting my family for a little bit so we celebrated by going to McDonald's with a bunch of the cousins.  I think she had a great time.  I was a little too busy keeping the nuggets and fries stalked up to really tell.  Which reminds me; big thanks to my dad for supplying the photos, I wasn't going to get to them.

She loved opening presents.  And thanks to all her cute cousins I'd say her summer wardrobe is pretty complete for the next couple years. (Let's face it she'll probably be wearing the same size next summer as she is this summer.)

I also made cupcakes.  They were supposed to be purple, but they turned out kind of grey instead.  Now I know to be extra careful with the blue food coloring.  Regardless they had sprinkles so she seemed happy grey or no.


I absolutely love my little Jocilyn.  She keeps me busy.  She's constantly sneaking into something or trying to work her way around the rules.  But is still very sweet and kind.

Her favorite activities are probably play-doh and painting.  Its amazing!  She can sit and paint for an entire hour completely absorbed in her project.  She really loves to focus in on what she's working on and she's set for quite a while.


She also loves playing house.  She rotates between being the mom or the baby.  But I think Jo really loves being pampered and coddled so most of the time she's the baby.  Poor thing, hope she grows out of that soon!


She is certainly loved.  Her squeaky little voice and take charge attitude are an essential part of our family.  I'm so grateful to have her and cannot wait to see the adventures she has planned for us.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Wow! You guys have been crazy busy and it seems like life keeps changing. Good luck with the Bar and finding the perfect job- no one deserves them more than you guys!

Caitlin said...

They grow up too fast, don't they?

And from the one photo of you in there, I see your hair is getting long -- I like it!

Any definitive update on plans with all the juggling you guys are doing?

Hope things are great!