Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Easter


We had a great Easter this year!  It was very simple, just dying eggs, eating candy and of course a yummy dinner with family here in Rexburg.  The kids were so excited to be coloring eggs.  They both love eating a hard boiled egg so they spent the whole time talking about how great it would be to "hatch" them all.  Kaden had a hard time waiting.  I think he dropped half the eggs I gave him.  The poor kid has the slipperiest fingers I've ever seen!  We had a great time.


You'll have to excuse the nakedness.  That's how we roll at our house when it comes to food coloring.


In case you're wondering what Kimball is concentrating so hard on let me show you...



Its a Love Egg, Awww!

 Just before church I ran the kids outside to get some pics of them dolled up in their new Easter clothes.  We were rushing through the whole thing because I didn't want to be late, but I knew if it didn't happen in the first few minutes of wearing the clothes there would be a huge likelihood of stains, blood or some other mess that just wouldn't look right for an Easter memory.


I cannot believe how grown up Kaden is becoming.  He's such a cutie, pictures like this catch me off guard.  He looks like a handsome kid not my little guy.


Here's Jocilyn in one of her few cooperative photos.  Kaden taught her how fun it is to be silly for the camera and it really caught on.


Case in point.


This is what happened when I asked them to hug.  It turned into a tackle-fest.  My kids... got to love them!


I shouldn't like this photo.  Kaden is taking her to the ground and Jocilyn is holding on for dear life.  But I love it.  I'm pretending its a loving embrace between a brother and sister on Easter morning.  I guess things are all in the eye of the beholder right?  Wink, wink!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

What cute kids, I love Easter clothes. :) Brynlee had that dress, too. Kaden really does look grown up and handsome. I was actually thinking that before I read what you wrote under the picture. :) Glad you had a fun Easter. Sorry about the bar exam, that is so frustrating to be so close!!! He'll get it next time for sure!

Caitlin said...

happy easter! i love that last photo, too - and would have had no idea what is really was, but it sure is cute.

and i too, am sorry for the exam results. good luck this time around.

Amy said...

Oh so cute! Loving their individual shots! Glad you had a Happy Easter! We'll see you soon!