Friday, April 29, 2011

Grrr

In case you haven't heard we found out that Kimball did not pass the bar this time around.  He missed the pass rate by 0.2%.  Yup, that's right!  He needed a 280 to pass and received a 279.4.  It took us a couple days to heal up and accept what happened, but when we found out how close he came to passing we went through the process all over again.  0.2%... it still hurts a little talking about it.  I guess two months of studying just wasn't quite enough to make up for three years of post law-school life. 

Not to worry though.  Kimball is working hard again to retake the bar in July.  Despite how I may sound I'm actually really hopeful right now.  I'm more confident than before that he will pass this time around.  Three months has got to be enough time to cover that 0.2% of knowledge he needed the first time right?!  And despite how it may seem it doesn't set us off course that much from our plan.  Because Kimball was already going to Morocco he wouldn't have been able to take a job for a few months anyways.  Which means we'll only be about 3 or 4 months behind where we wanted to be.  In the long run that is hardly anytime at all. (Someone pointed this out to me the first day or two when we found out the results.  I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember who it was, but looking at it from this angle has made a huge difference for me.  Thank you whoever it was.)

The job in AZ is still what we're hoping for, though its a little less likely at this point.  Either way Kimball's been looking into lots of other positions that could be available so I think we'll be just fine.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

ugh.... that is SOOO frustrating!! When Mike took the GMAT last fall after buying a $500 dollar study program online and studying for 3 mos. he got 10 points lower than he did the time before... These tests are the WORST!!! I hope he can finally get that test over with next time.