Monday, August 10, 2009

Round 2

Well Kimball left for OCS, actually he left a week ago. All together he should be gone 8 weeks total which is 3 weeks shorter than basic training was. I'm hoping not having those 3 weeks will make the time fly by, but I don't know. So far I just miss him. It didn't help that the first night he was gone I had food poisoning and threw-up the whole night. Luckily my parents rescued me in the morning and took the kids while I recovered.

We stayed pretty busy while he was here though. Here's a bunch of pictures of the fun things we did:

Kimball turned 28! For his birthday we went to the movies and then to a sushi bar. I was so embarrassed because they only gave us chopsticks and I had to ask for a fork. So the waiter brought me back these pretend chopsticks they use to teach little kids. At least I was able to eat my food.


Happy 4th of July! We spent the 4th with Alvin and Amber and watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the grass across from the MTC. Kaden turned out to be afraid of them and hid under a blanket the whole time, but for some reason he was still sad when they were over. Go figure.





Trip to the Zoo. They had a special military day so that our whole family got in free. Every time we go it gets more fun. Kaden was so excited to see the animals. He was trying to find all the animals from the Madigascar movie, but they didn't have a lion or hippo so we had to tread carefully around that subject. But we had a great time.



I know I look really annoyed in this picture, but it was really fun taking Kaden to all the same things I did as a kid, including drinking water out of the lions mouth.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

you don't look annoyed in the photo - just preoccupied (could be worse, right?).

sorry he's gone again, and sorry about the food poisoning - yuck!

Ashlee said...

Your children have the most beautiful eyes!
Glad that you got to be with Kimball and hope that your time away from him goes quickly!

Unknown said...

I hope for your sake that the time goes by fast. After Preston & I were married for 1 week he left for 3 1/2 weeks to fight fire. That was REALLY hard so I can sympathize with you a little. If you ever need a break--it's only 3 hours to Burley!!!

I REALLY love your blog. It's fun to watch your kids grow up!!!

The Conductor said...

I was sorry to hear Kimball's gone again (and a little surprised too -- seems like Neal calls him all the time and he either hadn't told me or didn't know...in fact, I wondered if it was Neal that Kimball was on the phone with in that picture...) Anyway, I love all your updates and seeing your cute cute kids. May the next few weeks pass very quickly for you!!