Saturday, February 7, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


A little while ago we got the chance to go to the Draper Temple Open House. It was really great and so beautiful. I was kind of selfish and opted to have a babysitter for the kids rather that let them come, but I just couldn't help myself. In the long run it turned out to be the perfect decision. Kimball and I had a great time and were able to take our time and just enjoy the whole experience without worrying about Kaden running or being too loud. It worked out for Kaden too because my mom was in California when we all went and opted to take Kaden when she got back. They had such a great time. Just Grandma and Kaden! My mom said Kaden was great. He even tip-toed all the way to the entrance because he knew how quiet he needed to be. And stole a kiss from Grandma in the sealing room, apparently choking everyone up (of course this is how Grandma tells it).

I'm glad things worked out the way they did. I think it being a special Kaden and Grandma trip helped Kaden be more reverent at the temple then he would have been with me. My mom loved it, she starts to cry whenever she starts talking about it. And Kimball and I had a great morning together when we saw the temple.

Even though we're hoping to be out of Draper soon its still really exciting to have a temple in the place I grew up. I know my family will love having it so close and seeing it from their driveway. It is such a blessing.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is so neat! How special for Kaden and Grandma to have that special time to remember! and how special for you and Kimball to get a "date":)

The Conductor said...

What a beautiful temple. And how fun to have one where you grew up! That's neat things worked out so well with the arrangements to attend the Open House.