Monday, January 26, 2015

Savannah



My goodness I love that girl.  Savannah is my wild child.  I never know what to expect out of her.  She can be sweet and thoughtful, fun and excited, and sometimes completely crazy.  Nowadays Savannah is my helper at home.  With Kaden and Jocilyn at school all day and Wes being so little she is the girl I get to run errands, chat, and have lunch with.  It has been fun having some one-on-one time with her at long last.


She pretty much likes whatever her big sister likes.  Which works out pretty well for Jo when its Savvy's turn to choose the show on tv.  When Jocilyn is at school Savannah is my shadow, the moment school's out however Jocilyn has a constant companion.  They get along pretty well most of the time.  Playing school or "Mom and Kid" as Savannah calls it keeps them happy.


Watching her and Jo together brings back memories of Monica and I.  I really must have driven her crazy!  We had a lot of fun together though and its cute watching all that hero worship.  I hope they grow into the best of friends.



Savannah recently had a giant accomplishment by graduating into a booster seat in the car.  She was so proud of herself when she finally buckled her seat belt by herself for the first time.  I love it when she gets excited.  Her whole face lights up and the squeeling commences.  Its adorable and luckily happens a lot.


One of the funniest Savannahisms we've come across is her attitude towards other people.  She is by far my loudest child at home.  She sings, screams, and runs around like a nut, but bring a new person into the mix and she pretty much becomes mute.  I'm not sure her church teachers have ever actually heard her speak.  They consider her the perfect child, oh little do they know!


She has actually improved a huge amount.  I signed her up for gymnastics a few months ago and she was so excited, but it required her to speak to her teachers.  Ever so slowly she made progress!  We also joined a coop preschool with some of the other moms from church.  Between those two things she has grown so much socially.  She still takes some time to get used to people,but after awhile she'll let me know that she is going to talk to the teacher today.  Its pretty cute.


Savannah has a definite sense of style.  She likes to call it her "rock and roll" clothes.  I haven't quite figured out what makes a rock and roll outfit, but she is quick to tell me what does and does not qualify.  So far it seems the louder the pattern and brighter the colors gets you closer to your goal.


I love seeing her personality emerge.  I really don't know what to expect out of her yet, but it is fun seeing glimpses.  So far she is wonderful and I can't imagine her becoming anything else.




No comments: