Monday, June 4, 2012

National Zoo


Okei-Dokie!  Getting closer to present day!  Our next adventure in the line up was to the National Zoo.  This may have been the kids favorite day so far, but its hard to tell.  Kimball and I being the amazing planners that we are decided on a whim to head to the zoo.  It was overcast and drizzly with a 60% chance of rain, so we knew it would either be a really terrible decision or we were completely brilliant.  Turns out we were brilliant!  Who knew?


The threat of rain frightened away most of the crowds that would normally be there on a Saturday, the animals were incredibly active, and best of all IT DIDN'T RAIN!!  This was seriously the best experience at a zoo I can remember.





I thought the zoo itself was pretty good.  I mean seriously...they have panda bears!  Who doesn't love panda's?  It was especially cool to see all the animals walking around when they usually just sit in a corner.  The panda was walking laps and we even caught a wrestling match between of couple of the lions.



In case you couldn't tell Kaden is hamming it up pretending to be the panda's latest kill.  I know he could do it, but its hard to imagine something so cute and cuddly wanting to take your face off.



You may ask me why on earth I have pictures of peacocks on here when we saw all these other cool animals, but I really think the peacocks stole the show.  Two of these guys were having a very serious stand-off while we were walking through the bird exhibit.  They were hopping all over the place trying to peck at the other one.  They even blocked our path for about five minutes having their little shoot out.  Kaden of course thought it was awesome and even took advantage of the close proximity by petting one of the birds.  I promise I tried to stop him, but seeing as he still has all appendages it probably worked out for the best.



We've had one other adventure to the zoo so far and I think Kimball and I have figured out all the tricks for the best way to do it.  So should anyone feel like a visit to D.C. and want to see something other than monuments we'd be happy to be your zoo guides.  Just not this weekend, Kimball and I need a little brake from the animals as awesome as they are.


2 comments:

Clarissa said...

HAHAH!! I love that picture of Jo getting nailed in the face wiht the drinking fountain!! haha! Looks like you guys are having SO much fun out there! And, those peacocks are AMAZING! I agree they stole the show!!

The Conductor said...

Great pics, but yes, the last one is the best! Ha ha! I hope we can come out to see you guys sometime soon.