Monday, June 4, 2012

I Love Mother's Day


Most of you probably know that I have a serious addiction to entering contests.  I never pay money or anything, but the spam in my email account can attest to the fact that I enter nearly every contest I come across.  In case you were wondering: No.  I didn't win the hgtv dreamhome this year, but I'm gearing up for the next one!

You may be asking yourself what this has to do with Mother's Day.  Well I'll tell you.  I finally won something!  I won an overnight stay at a resort, a $200 gift card and two 4 day 3 night getaways to other sister resorts.  Can I get a Woot Woot?!


For Mother's Day we took the kids to Virginia for the overnighter.  We had a lot of fun.  Kimball and I love to play, but I think this was the first getaway we've been on with just our family for no other reason than to getaway!  The resort offered a lot of fun activities, but since these things all cost extra and we were very determined to keep our free night free we spent the whole time at the pool.


We did have to let a saleswoman show us around for an hour and a half to try and convince us to buy a timeshare, but it was worth the price.


I had a great Mother's Day!  No cooking, no cleaning, and for the most part the kids were happy.  When we got home that evening I was even bestowed with gifts the kids had made: Tissue paper flowers and a bead necklace with a J for Jocilyn on it.  I love my kiddos!

A big thanks to Kimball too.  He was a great sport changing all diapers and taking care of every crisis before I had to step in.  Thanks Babe!  I love you!




3 comments:

Clarissa said...

Cool, i didn't know that you are contest crazy but sounds like the rest of us should be too! Glad you guys had a fun FREE weekend!!

The Conductor said...

WOOT WOOT!!! That is so awesome! Hooray for you! Looks like you had a great time. So where are the sister resorts you'll be trying out? Can't wait to hear how those go too. So glad you had a fantastic Mother's Day. And that Savannah -- WOW what a cutie!!! (Seriously, how do you keep putting out cuter and cuter models? With each one I think they can't get any cuter, and then they do!)

Lydia Story said...

I love the picture of Kimball and Jo at the top. Man your kids are getting so big!