Thursday, August 12, 2010

The BFG

Do you remember that book?  It was one of my favorites growing up!  I remember my teacher reading it to us in the 5th grade and thinking how funny it was. 


I saw it at the library the other day and had to check it out (for Kaden of course :))  I've been reading it to him for the last few days and I'm happy to say he likes it.  I was nervous because it doesn't have many pictures, but he at least likes it enough to let me read it to him each night and seems to enjoy it.  I think I'm definitely getting more enjoyment out of the book than he is but, oh well!

I also found another childhood favorite:  Twelve Dancing Princesses! 


I remember this one from the 3rd grade.  I was absolutely in love with it!  I checked it out too.  Its hard to tell myself I did it for Jo because even though the pictures are beautiful there's a lot of words too so I really doubt it'll keep her interest.  I know I'll enjoy story time for the next little while though!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Those are two of my favorites as well. Especially the 12 Princesses. I think it is important for us moms to share a little of our childhood with our kids...even if they don't get it. It gives us a moment to relive the good ole days :)

Caitlin said...

yea for good books.

it was great to catch up with you today, sorry for the quick end.

but, um, i think you should give a little update on your blog--maybe about how you and your little family's relocation . . . or am i the only one in the dark? :)

The Conductor said...

Garrett brought BFG home from school w/ him one day last year (3rd grade). I had to read it with him because I'd never read it as a child! It was too fun!

I love getting my kids hooked on books I loved as a child. The Little House on the Prairie series was especially fun to read through with them. Enjoy your books!

Caitlin said...

cute new header and stuff, but how bout an update, now? :)