Thursday, July 9, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Okay...where do I begin? Life has been crazy and great for the last few weeks, but I've been pretty neglectful on the whole blogging thing. So I guess I'll just lay it all out there for you.
1. Scotty is doing great. His leg has healed really well and the doctors are confident they removed all the cancer. He's been adjusting to a prosthesis for a few weeks now and gets around pretty good. He doesn't need a cane or anything anymore. I'm very proud of him, when he's wearing pants most people wouldn't notice a thing. Scotty wears shorts most of the time though, (it is summer after all) and I'm that much more proud of him for that. He is working hard to adjust to everything, and I'm sure he'll continue to do great.

2. We moved out of my parents house. Hooray! I found a great apartment while Kimball was at bootcamp and decided now was as good a time as any. I meant to keep it a secret from Kimball until he came home, but those plans went arry in the form of Kaden. Someone forgot to explain to Kaden that he should not tell Daddy repeatedly over the phone that he would not go home to grandma and grandpa's house, that we have a brand new house called the apartment, and that he has a brand new bedroom. Try to pass that off as an overactive imagination.

3. Kimball's dad got remarried. I guess its been a couple weeks now, but my father-in-law remarried a dear family friend. He has been very lonesome since Kimball's mom died, not adjusting too well to being alone. While it was a surprise, I know Kimball and I are happy his dad has companionship again and hope they are happy.
We spent a few days visiting Kimball's dad and Phillis down near Bryce Canyon. They seem to be doing really well. It has been fun getting to know Phillis; she is super spunky and energetic. She took us to a few of her favorite places in the canyon and it was amazing. I lost the cord to my camera in the move so no pictures yet. Sorry.

4. Kimball came home! In case you hadn't guessed. He got home a few weeks ago weighing about 20lbs less then when we left and I have to say he looks good. Right now we're just enjoying having him home, he has to leave for OCS in another few weeks. For now, we are just happy.

5. Also, Jocilyn finally started walking, kind of. She's been able to do it for at least a month now, but just wouldn't do it. She's to the point now where she'll take about 5 steps at a time all through the day, but isn't ready to give up crawling as her main mode of transportation.

I guess that's it. Thanks to any diehards that actually read through all that, but I think I'm finally caught up.

3 comments:

The Conductor said...

So good to hear the update, Ashley! Sounds like you've had a lot going on. Cute little Kaden -- that's a tough secret to keep, even if he DID know to keep it a secret! I'm so glad Kimball's home for now, and glad to hear Scotty's doing so well.

Keep the updates coming! Especially any pictures of your darling kiddos (or, videos of their learning to walk...) -- Go, Jo! Miss you guys.

Rach said...

Hey Ashley! I am so glad that Kimball is home now! Boomer said to post a pic of his new body!! Just teaasing. Well, sounds like all is going good. We miss you guys.

Ashlee said...

Wow!
You have been busy. I think you are super mom and I am so glad that Kimball got to come home for a while!
Jo is walking!??? Didn't you just have her? :)