Friday, October 10, 2008

5 Years!


Yesterday Kimball and I celebrated our fifth aniversary. What an adventure! Most days I don't think about how I've changed since meeting Kimball, how our goals and dreams change, or how much more I love him. I guess that's why we celebrate things like this though.

I hope I've matured a little since our first year of marriage. I remember a couple months in I started picking fights with Kimball, for absolutely nothing, I mean nothing! Finally Kimball asked me what was up and I fessed-up that I had heard that a couple that never fights can't have a strong relationship because they're not communicating. I can't help but roll my eyes and giggle at myself for that, but at least I was trying to strengthen our marriage! I guess that's what the honeymoon phase is for. Having to create a fight for the sake of having a fight.

Our goals have definately changed, I always wanted to be a mom and can't imagine doing something different now, so I guess that's the same. As for Kimball, the would-be-lawyer has deffinately had a change of heart, but you all know that story.

I definately love Kimball. I'll try not to gush too much, but my favorite part of looking back is knowing he loves me day in and day out, through the good and bad, and he still gives me goosebumps when we kiss.

Thanks for putting up with all this gush. I just love Kimball and wanted to write it down.

5 comments:

Valerie Christensen said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!
P.S. I love all your favorite music!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, but where are the pictures of my frosting face nephew?

Shelley said...

You two make a wonderful pair! Happy Anniversary...crazy how fast time flies! 5 years?! It seems like yesterday I went to Monica's apartment to meet Kimball for the very first time...

Kimball and Ashley said...

You don't know me, but I thought I would share with you the irony between us. My sister-in-law was trying to get to my blog and accidentally went to yours. Mine is kimballandashley.blogspot.com. We have been married for about 4 1/2 years, live in Utah (Orem), have two kids (just found out one more on the way), my husband also just finished grad school (last year) and we too just lost the job we thought we had. Oh yeah, our first little boy we have always planned to name Caden. Are you officially weirded out? Yeah, me too.

Ashlee said...

Alright!! 5 years, that is great! I think that story of you picking fights is funny. I heard the same thing and I remember thinking "I don't think that Jeff and I could ever fight about anything". Not that we fight a lot or even often but you are right about the honeymoon stage. Here's to Many many more years of happiness!