Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Host

I just finished reading the host by Stephenie Meyer and thought I'd give you my two cents on the subject. It was great! I know some people were a little iffy on it, but I think they might of had the wrong expectations. First of all it is not a part of the twilight series, secondly its sci-fi, and third you have to get past the first four or five chapters to have any idea what's going on. That may not sound too promising, but I think if you have an open mind you'll love it as much as I did. Its also a good romance. I made the mistake of reading part of it aloud to Kimball until he started whining that nothing was happening, in his words "all they do is talk about their feelings." I promise its more exciting than that.

By the way, I'm getting so bored now that I don't have anything to read after the kids go to bed. Anyone know of a good book I should start reading now? Let me know if you've got any ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I too really enjoyed The Host. Have you read Sundays at Tiffanys yet?

Anonymous said...

Ash, on Mandy's blog she has a book recommendation (the guy was even on Oprah)...check it out.

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

I have been reading the zion covenant series by Brock and Brodie Theone. The first one is called Vienna Prelude and there are 9 books in the series. I even got dad hooked on them while they lived here. He was on book 3 when they left.

Shelley said...

HELLO!!!!! 4th Twilight book, Breaking Dawn coming out tomorrow!!! Just sit tight:)