Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hope You Had an "Egg"-celent Birthday Jo!

I know, I know.  The title of this post is extremely clever.  Sometimes I amaze myself ;).  But Jocilyn did have her fourth birthday on Easter this year.  She was so cute.  She said she wanted a pink birthday party and that is what she got!  Pink butterfly cake, pink tablecloths draped across anything and everything, and pink balloon garlands all over the place.


Because we hadn't been here long we had a small fun party with our cute little neighbours Audi and Noland on Saturday.  Just cupcakes and ice cream followed by an Easter Egg hunt on post.  Jocilyn had a great day.  


She is an absolutely adorable girl getting more grown up each time I look at her.  Her favorite games are playing house, painting, and playing more house.  Favorite color is decidedly pink.  Favorite food is peanut butter and jelly.  She loves to show me how grown up she is and tries extra hard to do things we're trying to teach Kaden.  I absolutely love her and am so grateful to have my little princess! 



Just a small tidbit about Easter.  We purposely celebrated Jo's birthday a day early just to try and keep things a little separate.  The end result being two days of ridiculous sugar intake.  It worked out well for everyone.

We were of course running late for church that day.  You would think 1:30 would give us enough time, so I didn't get many pictures, but imagine the cleanest, most beautiful/handsome, incredibly polite children you can and I'm sure my kids looked something like that.  Next year I promise to do better!

Later that night I did have time to take a picture of this yummy dessert I made.  Its a cheesecake recipe I got off pinterest.  Can I just say Yum!  I've never made cheesecake before but this was a hit for Kimball and I.  It was just the right serving size too, filled in a chocolate egg.  I think the kids would have preferred ice cream, but they tried hard to pretend.  (We've been working on not complaining at dinner.  My favorite phrase Kaden has come up with is "its not as good as I expected, but I still like it.  Coming from the mouth of Kaden I take that as a five star critique!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO! We are officially the worst at getting to birthday's this year. I am so sorry that we didn't call or anything. We have been thinking of Miss. Jocilyn though and we are so glad she had a super pink birthday! Your Easter dessert looks beautiful! I wish I could taste through the computer!!! Love ya!

Lydia Story said...

What a great pink birthday! Those eye are sure something. Isn't it wonderful that so many holidays now are surrounded with candy. But you cheesecake looks really good!