Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chesapeake Bay

Our first adventure was to Sandy Point National Park, right on the Bay.


The high points:

Beautiful!!  The beach has the perfect view of the bridge and it is amazing!  I have no idea how long this bridge is, but it seems to go on forever.  Kimball and I have seen a few bridges including the Golden Gate, in San Francisco, but we both agree the Chesapeake Bridge takes the cake.

Quiet. We were the only people there that day so it was kind of cool., I've heard that once the weather warms up though this is by far the most popular beach in the area, so I don't think I can count on peace and quiet next time.

The low points:

Freezing!!!!  Earlier that week the weather had been unseasonably warm, up in the 80's, so we decided it would be fun to go to the beach that weekend.  We really should have checked the weather first.  That day the temperature plunged back to the 40's.  We weren't expecting to go frolic in the water or anything, but we had hoped to spend a couple hours enjoying the sand and the view.  Nope, my poor kids had their winter coats on and were absolutely frozen.  We didn't even get Savannah out of the car.  This probably had something to do with how deserted the place was.  In fact I'm sure it was the only reason, who else is crazy enough to go to the beach when its 45 degrees out!


The cost.  :(  Since our visit was so early in the season we only paid $3 for the car, but once things warm up the price jumps to $6 a head.  Ouch!  I'm trying to find another beach that isn't so pricey, but so far no luck.  Don't worry though.  I'm very determined, so I'm sure if there's another option I'll find it!  Should anyone have some advise for me on this matter I'd love the help.


 Overall, it was still a fun adventure.  Kaden asks every weekend if we can go back to the beach, but until the weather gets a little warmer he's just going to have to wait and save up his pennies for the admission!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to come down south to the beach. We will be at Hilton Head at the end of the month. Come and join us.

Richard Jones said...

It is so good to see your pictures! We really miss you. We'll have to do alot of planning to get to D.C.
Alvin, RaeAnne and Warren and families are coming to Rexburg - it will be great to have them here!

Love, Dad and Phyllis