Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ashley Jones Photography

All right everybody, from the title of my post you probably already guessed what this is about...I'm starting my own photography business! I've been practicing and figured that with the extra flexibility Kimball and I have right now, its as good a time to try as I may get.

I'm not sure what my expectations are with it. I don't plan to make a terrible amount of money, but I'm working hard to see what happens. So far its been a lot of fun. After the kids go to bed I've been up late editing photos or working to get things rolling. I started a blog to start with its ashleyjonesphotography.blogspot.com, I'm hoping you'll take a look and of course love what you see and refer me to everyone you know. No pressure, right?

So far my family has been really supportive. Kimball's been great watching the kids a little extra when I've been off taking pictures and my parents have been amazing letting me come over almost every night to use the computer, and no way could I do this without my dad's camera. A big thanks for that one Dad!

Along with all of this I've decided to make my blog private. Since I'm purposely opening up a whole part of my life to total strangers I think some extra precautions would be good. So if you don't mind just leave a comment with your email so that I can invite you when I make the switch.

One last thing, I left a link to the blog in my sidebar in case you ever want to check it out as time goes. Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

Amy said...

You have my email! Add me please!!!

Adrienne said...

Yes, add me too!!! I'll be going private soon too, I think it's a good decision. If I was in the area, I'd totally have you do some picts for me. You probably don't come out to MI, huh? =( Good Luck!!!

Rach said...

That is so awesome that you are going to start doing pictures. I've always wanted to , but I don't think i ever will!! Anyway, you better add me when you go private. ptownpride@hotmail.com. Can't wait to check out your pics!!

Ashlee said...

I wish I lived near you so that you could take our family pictures. I will give you a call if I am ever in town though. Good luck.
Add us to your private list!!!

ank123@gmail.com

Traci M said...

I would love to keep reading your blog! tracidurland@gmail.com

Hayley said...

Hey Ashley, I love the pictures, they are great! Thanks so much. Is there a way I can convert the images from TIF to JPEG so I can upload them, I'm running into problems trying to upload them on my blog and facebook and shutterfly. Let me know. And of course I want to be invited to your blog!
hbc123@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Hayley

Lydia Story said...

Ashley, you will do great in the photography business! The wedding video you made for Clarissa and Mike was beautiful! Sarah asks to watch it whenever we go to their house. And please add us to the list! I would love to keep up on you guys. Although we need to get together!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your mom